I’ve watched a TON of videos regarding a home management binder, a home brain, kitchen bible, you name it! I decided finally that I would try it. Who knows if it will work, but it’s worth a shot. I’ve printed a lot online and just Googled “free printable xxxxx” and whatever I was looking for in place of the xxxxx.
I have a 1″ binder with sheet protectors, 5 tabs, and 2 folders. I have the following inside my binder.
- 1 Subject Notebook
- Auto/Vehicle history – so I can keep track of when I put new tires on, maintenance, oil changes, warranty info etc.
- Goal Sheet – To write down my short-term and long-term goals
- Financial Section – I wrote down my budget for everything! I use this in conjunction with MINT an app on my phone that maintains my budget.
- Copies of my bank statement and Social Security Statement
- Monthly budget worksheet
- Copy of Dave Ramsies SnowBall Method (brief overview)
- Emergency Contact Sheet
- In Case of Emergency Sheet – I put all emergency info such as police, fire, hospital name, poison control etc.
- Medical Info Sheet – Doctor contact info, medication my son is on
- Birthday Sheet – Sheet with 12 months so I can keep track of birthday’s
- Laundry Stain Guide – Natural remedies for common stains
- Kitchen Measurement Guide
- Ingredient Substitutions Guide
- Pantry Inventory – Listing out all the basics I should have on hand and how many
- Freezer/Fridge Storage Guide – Tells me how long I can safely keep things
- Weekly Cleaning Schedule – So I can space out my cleaning and keep it more manageable
- Passwords Sheet – To write down my passwords/sites for everything
- School Section – To keep all the paper’s my son brings home organized so I can keep track plus his school calendar, shot record, IEP Plan
- Seed Schedule – When I start my seeds for my herbs and veggies I can log them with a start date, sprout date, etc to help me keep track.
- Recipe Section – My favorite household staples like detergent, bread, butter etc.
- Envelope for receipts until I can log them in MINT and properly categorize them
- Contracts – For my sons band rental, car insurance, renters insurance
The inside pouch on the inside cover I labeled “Take Care of Me First” with a sharpie. I put all upcoming bills here.
I’m going to try this for a few months, add things, take out things, and really make this my own. I also have a $1 planner I got from the Dollar Store to keep in my purse and I have Cozi on my phone linked to my son’s phone to stay on track of our calendar.
Review to come shortly…..gimme a few months!