In an effort to start cutting my costs, I got into making my own Fabreeze earlier this year and it is amazing! I got a really good deal back in February on Gain liquid softener and had a coupon. I only paid $1.90 for it and I still have some!
- Spray bottle
- 1/4 cup Gain or other good smelling softener
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water
- Shake before spraying
I like my Fabreeze strong so I added a little more Gain than most call for. I used the 1/4 cup.
I also have been using two mixes for all-purpose cleaners
- Ammonia and water (absorbs odor and is a natural disinfectant)
- Lysol and water (I love the smell and to me this is clean)
But I’ve heard rave reviews using a mixture that includes Borax. I just bought Borax last weekend when I made my own laundry detergent so this works out for me at no additional cost.
- 2T vinegar
- 1 t Borax
- Hot water
- a few drops of a mild dish detergent
In a spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Mix well until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with hot water.
I’m going to try making this All Purpose cleaner this weekend! As well as some cooking……yummy recipes to come!! I’ll let you know how it turned out! 🙂