I was nominated for a Liebster Award today!! How wicked cool!! ok so here goes…
First I want to thank thepinklocket for nominating me for a Liebster Award 🙂 Follow her blog!
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
- Choose 11 new blogs for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
11 random facts about myself.
- I was a cheerleader for 9 years and I danced for 10 years
- I grew up in a family with money. We weren’t rich, but dad worked damn hard and my mother stayed home. I never wanted for anything.
- I’ve only been in Texas 5 years and my roots get deeper everyday
- I have one sister who has a Master’s Degree in Business. She’s a financial analyst.
- I write poetry and am really good at it
- My birthday and Valentine’s Day are in the same week. SCORE!
- I’m a coffee addict!! Talk to me, bitch at me, come to me with issues…..WE will have issues LOL
- I’m very bold and blunt. I’ve learned the hard way there is no sense in sugar-coating. I’m very straight forward as you may tell by how I wrote.
- My closest friend and best friend is a girl I met at work and work with
- I go to a beauty school to get my hair cut and colored SShhh!!
- I have joint custody of my Beagle. Yes, its true. I have him one week a month. My second son =)
Questions from thepinklocket blog
1. What’s your main reason for blogging?
To inspire other moms like myself to depend on their own self-reliance. To think outside the box other than the fact that they single, work and can’t get help. I’ve been a frugal person most of my adult life. I love everything about saving money. If I can inspire one single mom to have the confidence to make changes, to step out of her comfort zone and be uncomfortable, to change her mentality so that her kids want for nothing and more importantly ALL BY HERSELF then that’s the greatest gift anyone could give me.
2. iPhone or Samsung or Neither
3. What’s your ultimate favorite vacation spot?
My own home. I have “staycations” I stay in PJ’s, go for a walk, go out to eat, visit the pool, visit friends and do whatever I want without the heavy price tag. The only pricey expense I may have is gas. I’ve been known to take a peaceful drive with my boy, blaring the radio, singing to our hearts content, acting silly, and drive 3 hours for some kickass BBQ!
4. What book do you recommend I read next?
50 Shades of Grey or the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. I was an addict after the first chapter!
5. What’s your favorite summer cocktail (it can be virgin or not..your choice)?
Mojito or an iced cold Shiner
6. What food do you like to eat while sipping on your favorite cocktail?
With Shiner, cheese and crackers or a hearty pizza
With Mojitos some Mexican or grilled steak
7. What’s your favorite accessory or jewelry piece to wear?
I love bracelets and earrings. I especially love the Indian bangle bracelets as I can buy a rainbow of colors to mix and match and they are around $2.50 for a set of 12
8. What’s your favorite holiday?
Honestly, none. It used to be Christmas. I have fond memories of little traditions my family would instill in our family, certain foods, certain people. I’m used to big productions. Now that it is just my son and I we don’t get into holidays as much or as elaborate. I DO do certain things that I’ve carried on since my son was little. We still do those today.
9. Morning riser or Night Owl?
Night Owl. Catch me before 10am and I’m not responsible for lost limbs LOL
10. Social Butterfly or “Please Don’t Talk to Me”
Little bit of both. I’m not a rude anti social person, but if I’m living life running errands or I’m on a mission I tend to shutout the world around me and often don’t pay any attention.
11. What’s your pet peeve?
That men or people in general hear the phrase “single mom” and they all of a sudden throw this sympathetic blanket around you, saying “omg how do you do it?”, “oh you poor thing” and I say “I don’t feel bad so neither should you. I can do it just as good as you if not better” It surprises them LOL
I Nominate the Following Blogs:
- Cooking With a Wallflower
- Story Time with John
- Countryfied Hicks
- Becky’s Frugal Living
- Homesteading Neophyte
- Redesigned by M
***I will be nominating 4 more in the days to come and will add to this list.
WHAT AN HONOR!
11 Questions to Answer
- What was your inspiration to create your blog?
- How many siblings do you have?
- If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
- What is your most favorite hobby?
- What is your middle name?
- Coffee or tea?
- What was the reaction of friends and family when you decided to blog?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- If you could give one tidbit of advice to anyone, what would it be?